Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Monday

Monday morning started with a boxing session, I am fighting a 4 round fight, so my endurance should not be a problem, intensity needs to be lifted as I had been preparing for longer fights, Tutaki is much bigger than me, he will have around 15kg weight advantage on me, to make that a disadvantage for him I will need to be quicker on my feet than normal and set a high work rate.

This was a short sharp session, after a shadow boxing warm up, i did 5x3 minute rounds on the heavy bad, followed by 1 round of explosive shadow boxing, then one round of medium pace skipping, 1 minute rest between all rounds.

At night I did a weights session, my goal with weight training is to maintain muscle mass and build explosive strength, I started with 5 sets of 3 reps on Power cleans, then 3 sets on bench press followed by chin ups, then incline dumbell press followed by wide grip lat pulldown, the reps changed each set, i usually go with a heavy weight so i can get around 3 reps on the first set, then drop the weight so i can get around 8 reps and orp it again to get 10 reps on the last set, this way i cover all bases with some reps for strength and some reps for hypertrophy, my weight training takes a back seat to my boxing in the lead up to a fight so I don't do as many sets as off season.

Diet- As i am going to be training harder now, I will increase my calories, recovery and performance will be poor if I don't eat enough good food, I will be eating very normal healthy foods. Muesli, fruit, vegetables, red meat,fish,chiken,eggs and protein powder make up the bulk of my diet, with fish oil and creating added to help with recovery between workouts.

No comments: