Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Tuesday

Just boxing today, first session back with my trainer Ron Parr at the fitness and fight centre in Northbrodge in Perth, Ron has been doing a good job helping me improve all areas of my game which had some serious weaknesses in it when I came to him.

Warm up-shadow boxing, light rounds on heavy bag
Then we got into the real training
4x3 minute rounds on the heavy bag, focusing on explosive combinations and work rate, when I am not punching Ron is constantly reminding me to be either moving my head or feet to avoid sitting in front of the bigger Tutaki.
2x3 minute rounds on the tall bag, it is another heavy bag with a line on it to try and help prepare for fighting taller opponents as the line is at the height of someone around 6ft 5.
2x3 minute rounds explosive shadow boxing.
2x3 minute rounds cool down shadow boxing.

No comments: