Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday-Boxing


Tonight I did 3x5 minute rounds of sparring with UFC fighter Soa Palelei. Soa weighs around 125 kg and is a similar size to my next opponent Richard Tutaki. Tonight the focus was on fitness, so it was no nonsense sparring where the aim was to throw alot of punches and just keep throwing and throwing to really help improve punch endurance.

After the rounds with Soa I did 2 sharp explosive rounds on the pads with Ron, the heat in Perth at the moment is extreme but I know it will help me deal with Jakarta humidity.

I felt recovered and fresh tonight which is a good sign, having a much bigger guy like Soa pushing and leaning on me was great practice for next weeks fight.

1 comment:

Emma Davis said...

Hey Mark found your blog is interesting reading! Good Luck in Jakarta - see you at the gym at Fitness N Fight - Emma