Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Wednesday pm

Weights tonight, mainly lower body exercises, I was quite fatigued in the legs from the morning session so I had to really motivate myself to improve on last weeks session. I improved on the deadlift getting 5 reps on 200kg, my best is 200kg for 6 but seeing as i only just got back into deadlifts i was happy with the lift. I use wrist straps to help hold the load as my fingers are not able to hold the weight, I do not use knee straps or a weights belt as I don't think they are helpful unless you are going for a 1 rep maximum or coming back from injury.
After the deadlifts I did squats, 3sets of 6, leg press 3 sets of 12, and calf raises, 5 sets of as many as i could do explosively.

The deadlift and squat are great for building strength through the body especially in the core, I always notice my core gets thicker when I do these exercises.

No comments: